Saturday, February 28, 2009

In Praise of Rainy Days

February in my neck of the woods continues her schizoid ways. Today, the final day of the month, is grey and rainy with (get this) a decent chance of a major snowstorm developing tomorrow night. March may well come in like a lion. My poor daffodils - it's either leave them to freeze or cut them all today.

Sigh.

I took care of grocery shopping yesterday, so I have a good supply of milk and bread, in case the Big One actually hits. (Let's not get distracted by the weirdness of laying in a supply of quickly-perishable items in Southern storm preparation. It's just what we do, and I needed both milk and bread.)

Overall, it's a great day to stay inside and be lazy. I don't get to do that very often, so I am trying hard to enjoy it. I have work to do (don't we all), but it seems very easy to put it off on a day like today. I doubt I get any further out of the house today than the mailbox.

And good for me, I say!

No comments: