It’s been a busy, hectic time and I think I often get caught up in the minutiae of daily life and forget to savor things. It’s good to remember that life is more than an unending series of lists and a few days with my toes in the sand is a good way for me to recall that bit of wisdom. So let’s see – a week’s worth of things to savor, some from the last few days and some (hopefully) from the near future.
1. Helping out at a therapeutic riding horse show. I was washing ponies by 7 a.m. and sunburned by noon. By the time it was over, I was filthy with horse-grime and so exhausted I had to catnap before I could muster the energy to clean up. It was better than New Year’s Eve and Mardi Gras combined.
2. Eating the strawberries that the Divine has put in my life; some of which are literal and some of which are delightfully metaphorical.
3. Music – both new stuff and old favorites re-discovered.
4. Having Krispy Kreme for breakfast.
5. Playing hooky for an afternoon to gawk at lemurs and feed emus. By the way, emus are greedy birds, sloppy eaters, and very, very persistent.
6. Re-discovering the joy of reading aloud.
7. Sitting on the beach, reading a Terry Pratchett novel and daydreaming.
So what do you savor?